At Doulos Discovery School we are committed to providing a high quality education to students from all socio-economic backgrounds and discipling them to use their education in pursuit of their vocation to impact the world around them, becoming the next generation of Dominican leaders.
As a Crew, we view our vocation as our calling and work to support one another as a body of believers. We are a relational community that values and respects our Crew in some of the ways listed below.
- We are committed to the spiritual health of our Crew, including morning prayer, staff devotionals and Days of Solitude as a part of our yearly routines.
- We strive for multi-cultural unity; therefore we provide language classes free of charge for all Crew members.
- We value staff development, both on and off campus. We offer continued education credits as a part of our incentives package and encourage our Crew to pursue additional opportunities, equipping themselves in the best way(s) possible.
Doulos is powered by a small-but-mighty network of supporters who help drive our mission to educate, equip and prepare Christian disciples and servant leaders. You will play an integral part of leading our donors and relationships through the effective and delightful communication with individuals who come in contact with Doulos (sponsors and staff supporters, donors, service learning team members, past staffers, social media following, etc.). You will lead these communication efforts via different mediums such as email, phone, and the different social media platforms we reside on.
You will help create and distribute meaningful content and direct communication to increase our brand awareness and multiply our message of hope through Christian education.
This position calls for a gifted communicator who is eagerly professional, who enjoys building meaningful relationships with sponsors and students. You are highly organized and an effective communicator, both written and orally. You have a knack for following up and following through as you build meaningful relationships with student sponsors and potential student sponsors. You can manage relationships well and will be the main point of contact for the ~200 generous individuals and families who sponsor students at Doulos, as you get to know them and help facilitate communication between them and their students. You will assist the Executive Director and Development Coordinator in donor communication and development efforts to invite others into the program.
Communication with our students sponsors (as with all of our donors) will always flow within these four movements — Thanking, Reporting, Asking, and Follow-up
When our network of student sponsors are thanked well and reported to well, they will continue to joyful give and find ways to be involved in a meaningful way to both them and the student.
The donor’s natural orientation is to give, give again, and give more if they are thanked properly and if they understand the impact and results of their giving. It is the responsibility of the Communication Director to help facilitate this via effective and meaningful communication.
- Represent Doulos and the global Church with Christ-centered integrity grounded in Biblical principles.
- Continue developing as a Christian leader led by the Holy Spirit through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- System, records, and Process Responsibilities:
- Help to update and maintain sponsor database, including Donor Tools notes, tracking correspondence, tags and other relevant information,
- Manage and direct Doulos’ editorial calendar.
- Identify and streamline any repeat actions for efficiency and effectiveness (ex. Student letter templates, newsletter templates or themes, etc.)
- Following up on all communication in a timely manner, and responding to all communication (emails, voice messages, etc.) within 24-48 hours.
- Communication & Donor Relationship Responsibilities:
Assisting the Sponsorship Program through the welcoming of new sponsors into the program and following-up/confirming all sponsorship re-commitments
- Contribute in the creation and distribution of meaningful content on Facebook and Instagram
- Working closely with teacher in classroom on the Fall and Spring semester student letters to sponsors
- Working with school leadership and development team to create periodic newsletters distributed via Mailchimp
- Working with Development leadership to implement and execute physical mailers, marketing material designs/edits, individual hand written letters, and year end communication.
- Helping facilitate personal communication with student sponsor (including an anecdote, story, and/or photo of class or sponsor)
- General communication with donors via phone or email as needed
- Help create and implement a strategic social media and communication plan that involves consistent updates, website integration, marketing and user interaction and engagement.
- Creatively working to find innovative ways to make raving fans
Other Responsibilities & Requirements
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Doulos and possess the following skills & competencies:
- Ability to navigate social media platform such as Facebook and Instagram, as needed.
- Google suite of products — Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, prefered.
- Gifted communicator both written and oral
Occasional evening/weekend/off-hours work required.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the Doulos needs respective to your unique God-given strengths, aptitudes, and interests.
Candidates must submit a resume, demo reel, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates they’re fit for the position based on their experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized college or university in education, ministry or related field with up to date teaching credentials
- Possess an intimate and mature relationship with Jesus Christ and is prepared to disciple students and teach weekly devotionals
- Strong history of achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer settings
- Superior organizational ability, including planning well and managing responsibilities effectively
- Perseverance in the face of challenges, ability to adapt to changing environments, and a strong desire to do whatever it takes to improve and develop
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to accurately link cause and effect and to generate relevant solutions to problems
- Preferably bilingual
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds; experience working in a cross cultural setting preferred
- Be flexible and respond in grace when unforeseen situation require your assistance
Doulos Crew Environment “We are crew, not passengers”
- Carry and conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ and consistent with DDS beliefs
- Report directly to the Development Coordinator
- Attend weekly staff devotionals, showing commitment to deepen your relationship with Christ
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Doulos Ministries team
- Engage with the Creative Department regarding questions, initiatives and additional support
- Participate in and assist with staff professional development opportunities
- Be present, professional and punctual for all required staff meetings and school events (ie. business meetings, expedition nights, outdoor education events, etc.)