At Doulos Discovery School we are committed to providing a high quality education to students from all socio-economic backgrounds and discipling them to use their education in pursuit of their vocation to impact the world around them, becoming the next generation of Dominican leaders.
The Development Director grows support for the mission of Doulos Discovery School by building strategic and favorable relationships with potential donors through positive communication, personal requests to give, and disciplined follow-through. Serving the school through the work of Development, the Director of Development fills a crucial role by applying the school’s strategy and approach to engage individuals in face-to-face dialogue about investing long-term in Doulos Discovery School.
Personal and Professional Qualifications
- A Christian committed to God’s glorying, characterized by irreproachable Christian character.
- Strong and proven verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills: a friendly, poised, and professional demeanor, and modest, professional dress; tactful, courteous, energetic, and polite.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to plan, set priorities, and implement work in a disciplined manner to keep multiple projects progressing to completion simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Strong computer skills including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation creation, social networking, and web-based technologies. The ability and willingness to adapt and upgrade computer skills if needed; and ability to quickly learn and utilize new technologies.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board Development Committee.
- Provide creative and innovative leadership in establishing new programs for the development and enhanced impact of Doulos Discovery School
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term, high-impact action plans to engage donor prospects face to face, seeking their generous financial support for the mission and vision of Doulos Discovery School.
- Implement disciplined methods for contacting, scheduling, visiting, and personally following-through to consistently grow a base of support from a growing number of donors.
- Establish and maintain contact with key individuals in businesses and foundations with the potential for contributing funds, services, or other resources.
- Develop and implement plans for involving a growing and broad constituent base (e.g. parents, past parents, grandparents, alumni, corporations, foundations, friends).
- Maintain an appropriate level of visibility at school events.
- Identify and recruit volunteers for Development related teams and projects.
- Build a Development team that will provide effective implementation of the Development strategy of DDS.
- Organize and oversee various capital campaigns, giving campaigns, annual giving, and special projects.
- Integrate the efforts of key people (director, board members, key staff, volunteers, etc) in the implementation of giving campaigns and development programs.
- Integrate the efforts of various school and church staff, organizations, committees, and groups in organizing and implementing development programs.
- Provide appropriate training for staff or volunteers related to development and communications.
- Provide leadership for major development events (small and large group meeting, key donor lunches, banquets, organized phone-a-thons, etc.)
- Provide leadership and/or assistance in internal or external communications, public relations, media resources, community organizations and other initiatives internal to marketing and communications.
- Work with the Director in developing print and digital marketing materials.
- Provide leadership in implementing a planned giving approach for BCS that creates opportunities for long-term sustainable giving.
- Apply a disciplined approach to communication with the Executive Director as this must be the primary way to stay informed and connected to DDS operations and improvements.
- Regularly attend school and volunteer meetings as assigned by the Director.
- Attend occasional Board meetings to provide appropriate communication or reports at the special request of the Executive Director.
- Communicate and administrate DDS fundraising policies and procedures among constituent groups (faculty, staff, parents, students, and alumni).
- Maintain accurate records in donor database.