Outdoor Education | Expedition Specialist
At Doulos Discovery School we are committed to providing a high quality education to students from all socio-economic backgrounds and discipling them to use their education in pursuit of their vocation to impact the world around them, becoming the next generation of Dominican leaders.
“We are crew, not passengers”
REPORTS TO: Methods and Curriculum Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION Plan and facilitate, with our teaching staff, dynamic expeditions for all grades. Care for the general well-being of expedition participants as well as be a leader for our student body.
- Outdoor Education degree from a recognized college or university.
- Possess a personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be involved with activities while on the field for expeditions.
- Coordinate all logistics for students while they are in the field: transportation, meals, schedules, equipment, housing, projects, entertainment, spiritual content, special needs, and emergencies.
- Assist expedition guide teachers with designing their expeditions.
- Seek new resources that instructors can use to effectively teach expeditions.
- Build and maintain the school’s gear stock.
- Create a definitive calendar of all expeditions.
- Manage the expedition budget and allocate funds appropriately.
- Secure student deposits for upcoming expeditions and track finances while in the field.
- Assist guide teachers in raising funds for each expedition.
- Communicate with instructional staff before upcoming expeditions to secure other chaperones and guides.
- Communicate with experts for each expedition and arrange classroom visits.
- Be in contact with local organizations to recommend new opportunities, places and initiatives for our students.