PreK 3 & 4 Teachers
At Doulos Discovery School we are committed to providing a high quality education to students from all socio-economic backgrounds and discipling them to use their education in pursuit of their vocation to impact the world around them, becoming the next generation of Dominican leaders.
As a Crew, we view our vocation as our calling and work to support one another as a body of believers. We are a relational community that values and respects our Crew in some of the ways listed below.
- We are committed to the spiritual health of our Crew, including morning prayer, staff devotionals and Days of Solitude as a part of our yearly routines.
- We strive for multi-cultural unity; therefore we provide language classes free of charge for all Crew members
- We value staff development, both on and off campus. We offer continued education credits as a part of our incentives package and encourage our Crew to pursue additional opportunities, equipping themselves in the best way(s) possible.
Provide high quality spiritual and academic instruction for all PreK3 & 4 classes. Equip our students to examine concepts through a Biblical worldview.
- Create and manage a supportive, innovative, hands-on environment conducive to student learning
- Plan, implement and document meaningful units that prepare students for post secondary education; units should be biblically integrated, incorporate EL Design Principles and promote student leadership, critical thinking skills and community service
- Design rigorous and thorough lessons in accordance with Doulos determined standards, ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects
- Identify clear learning targets for each lesson that are written in student friendly language and articulate desired student outcomes
- Establish and maintain an effective classroom behavior management plan
- Maintain a system of monitoring, assessing, record-keeping and reporting student progress towards mastery of standards
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to continuous growth as an expert in the field of education and within your content area.
- Possess high and clear expectations for self and students, holding students accountable to diligence in their responsibilities and believing that all students are capable of learning at a high level
- Disciple students, getting to know them both inside and outside of school with the purpose of encouraging, instructing, and correcting them as disciples of Christ
- Engage parents and families through regular communication regarding student progress, classroom expectations, upcoming events, etc.
- Form relationships with colleagues that lead to collaboration, growth, accountability and consistency across curriculum
- Utilize ESL (English as Second Language)/SSL (Spanish as Second Language) teaching strategies
- Track student attendance and tardiness daily
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized college or university in education, ministry or related field with up to date teaching credentials
- Possess an intimate and mature relationship with Jesus Christ and is prepared to disciple students and teach weekly devotionals
- Seeking committed and dynamic teachers preferably with experience in PreK3 & 4 education and/or experience as a lead teacher or mentor
- Strong history of achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer settings
- Superior organizational ability, including planning well and managing responsibilities effectively
- Perseverance in the face of challenges, ability to adapt to changing environments, and a strong desire to do whatever it takes to improve and develop
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to accurately link cause and effect and to generate relevant solutions to problems
- Passionate about providing high quality education to students from all economic backgrounds and dedicated to student achievement
- Preferably bilingual, but not necessary
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds; experience working in a cross cultural setting preferred
- Be flexible and respond in grace when unforeseen situation require your assistance
Doulos Crew Environment “We are crew, not passengers”
- Carry and conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ and consistent with DDS beliefs
- Report directly to the Vice Principal
- Supported by Coordinator of Methods and Curriculum to ensure student mastery of standards and curriculum development
- Attend weekly staff devotionals, showing commitment to deepen your relationship with Christ
- Participate in biweekly meetings with grade level teams of 4-5 teachers to foster collaboration and communication
- Engage with Grade Level Leader regarding questions, initiatives and additional support
- Participate in and assist with staff professional development opportunities
- Always available for possible substitute teaching
- Be present, professional and punctual for all required staff meetings and school events (ie. business meetings, expedition nights, outdoor education events, etc.)