Service Learning Teams Coordinator
At Doulos Discovery School we are committed to providing a high quality education to students from all socio-economic backgrounds and discipling them to use their education in pursuit of their vocation to impact the world around them, becoming the next generation of Dominican leaders.
“We are crew, not passengers”
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION The SLT Coordinator will provide a dynamic experience and care for the general well-being of all Service Learning Teams (SLT).
- High School diploma
- Passion for teaching missions to groups
- Possess a personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ
- Coordinate all logistics for teams while they are in country: transport, meals, schedule, housing, projects, entertainment, spiritual content, special needs, emergencies
- Supervise any SLT interns and assistants.
- Create a definitive calendar of all teams for the year.
- Keep track of team finances and budgets.
- Ensure someone is available for teams 24/7.
- Communicate with trip leaders before and during trip.
- Responsible to create/update/teach the SLT “slices” for team education.
- Build relationships with churches, schools and other organizations in order to broaden our SLT base and recruit new teams.
- Develops promotional programs to encourage Doulos staff to promote service teams within their personal networks.
- Create and send monthly newsletter (increase subscribers to the newsletter).
- Work with Marketing Director to post relevant news to Doulos social media.
- Serve as liaison between Teams and Doulos Staff.
- Stay in regular Communication with the Executive Director regarding schedules of the SLT’s.
- Responsible for prepping and orienting the Doulos staff on upcoming teams.
- Will work with Doulos staff to create a schedule of projects that each SLT will work on.
- Will communicate plans for SLT with the entire Doulos staff (and report back to staff about results of each team).
- Work with Finance Director to ensure proper timing for billing and to prepare financial debrief with Executive Director.