At Doulos Discovery School we are committed to providing a high quality education to students from all socio-economic backgrounds and discipling them to use their education in pursuit of their vocation to impact the world around them, becoming the next generation of Dominican leaders.
“We are crew, not passengers”
REPORTS TO: Elementary Master Teacher
POSITION DESCRIPTION Provide high quality spiritual and academic instruction for students. Equip students to examine all concepts through a Biblical worldview.
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized college or university.
- Certification in teaching Elementary.
- Possess a personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Create and manage a supportive, innovative, hands-on environment conducive to student learning.
- Plan, implement and document meaningful units that prepare students for secondary education; units should be biblically integrated, incorporate Expeditionary Learning Design Principles and promote student leadership, critical thinking skills and community service.
- Design rigorous and thorough lessons in accordance with Doulos determined standards, ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- Identify clear learning targets for each lesson that are written in student friendly language and articulate desired student outcomes.
- Establish and maintain an effective classroom behavior management plan.
- Maintain a system of monitoring, assessing, record-keeping and reporting student progress towards mastery of standards.
- Possess high and clear expectations for self and students, holding students accountable to diligence in their responsibilities and believing that all students are capable of learning at a high level.
- Disciple students, getting to know them both inside and outside of school with the purpose of encouraging, instructing, and correcting them as disciples of Christ.
- Engage parents and families through regular communication regarding student progress, classroom expectations, upcoming events, etc.
- Form relationships with colleagues that lead to collaboration, growth, accountability and consistency across curriculum.
- Utilize ESL (English as Second Language)/SSL (Spanish as Second Language) teaching strategies.
- Track student attendance and tardiness daily.