Student Activities Coordinator
At Doulos Discovery School we are committed to providing a high quality education to students from all socio-economic backgrounds and discipling them to use their education in pursuit of their vocation to impact the world around them, becoming the next generation of Dominican leaders.
As a Crew, we view our vocation as our calling and work to support one another as a body of believers. We are a relational community that values and respects our Crew in some of the ways listed below.
- We are committed to the spiritual health of our Crew, including morning prayer, staff devotionals and Days of Solitude as a part of our yearly routines.
- We strive for multi-cultural unity; therefore we provide language classes free of charge for all Crew members
- We value staff development, both on and off campus. We offer continued education credits as a part of our incentives package and encourage our Crew to pursue additional opportunities, equipping themselves in the best way(s) possible.
Student Activities Coordinator “We are crew, not passengers”
REPORTS TO: Student Life Coordinator POSITION DESCRIPTION
Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of Doulos Discovery School co-curricular and student leadership programs. Work as a member of the Student Life Department. Serve as the primary leader and advisor to the Doulos Student Leadership Council. Oversee all student-run programming.
- Seeking committed and dynamic individual preferably with experience in guidance counseling, admissions, and/or experience in higher education
- Strong history of achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer settings
- Superior organizational ability, including planning well and managing responsibilities effectively
- Perseverance in the face of challenges, ability to adapt to changing environments, and a strong desire to do whatever it takes to improve and develop
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to accurately link cause and effect and to generate relevant solutions to problems
- Possess a personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Oversee the Doulos Student Leadership Council
- Planning, implementation, and evaluation of campus community-building programs
- Planning, implementation, and evaluation of class community-building programs
- Oversee the selection and scheduling of School clubs
- Provide approval, training, scheduling, and accountability for all student-run programs
- Plan and implement following programs: Welcome Week
- DSLC Elections
- DSLC Training
- DSLC Retreat
- Oversee/Coordinate the following programs:
- Doulos Family Picnic (with DSLC)
- Service Week
- Reading Under the Stars (with Librarian)
- Expedition Nights (with Curriculum Director and Teachers)
- Christmas Program (with Music Teachers)
- Independence Day Celebration (with Spanish/Sociales Teachers)
- Relational Week (with Counselling Staff)
- Medical Mission Trip
- Spiritual Emphasis Week (with Chaplain)
- Art Show (with Art Teachers)
- College Week (with Guidance Counselors)
- Graduation (with Guidance Counselors)