“We are crew, not passengers.”
Reports to: Ann Concepcion
The Teacher’s Assistant helps to provide a high quality spiritual and academic education. He/she supports student learning by becoming an active part of classroom culture, and is available to substitute when necessary.
- Speak English fluidly
- Posses a mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Read the teacher’s lesson plans before starting each week to help support the teacher and students
- Actively participate in any activity that students are completing.
- Attend during special time and support teachers.
- Prepare materials for class activities such as copying, cutting, laminating, etc.
- Assist in the qualification as necessary.
- Defend and enforce the expectations of the school and the classroom with a spirit of grace and love.
- Directs / teaches small groups in the classroom.
- Prepare to sub when the guide teacher is absent.
- Maintain open and intentional communication with the guide teacher.
- Provide translation for student needs and parental engagement through regular communication about student progress, classroom expectations, upcoming events, etc. (if appropriate)
- Demonstrate commitment and passion for continued growth in the field of education.
- Have high and clear expectations for oneself and students, hold students accountable for diligence in their responsibilities and believe that all students are capable of learning at a high level
- Discipline students, meet them both inside and outside the school with the purpose of encouraging, instructing and correcting them as disciples of Christ